The mission of Academic Advising at UNCG is to engage
students in making informed decisions regarding their
educational, career, and life goals.
Academic advising for undergraduate students at UNCG is directed by the varied professional schools and the College of Arts and Sciences. Currently admitted students are assigned to either a faculty/professional advisor or to an advising center. Graduate students are encouraged to contact the Graduate School for more information on advising for graduate programs.
Prior to attending SOAR (Spartan Orientation, Advising and Registration,) newly admitted transfer and adult students are advised via ARA - Advising and Registration by Appointment. New transfer, adult, and readmitted students are encouraged to contact their department and/or school for an individual advising and registration appointment. Not only does this allow for a more personal advising session but an earler opportunity for registration. Click here if you are transferring to UNCG to locate your advising contact.
UNCG has advising centers for each of the five professional schools and the College of Arts and Sciences, they are as follows:
- Students First Office (For Undecided/Exploratory Majors)
- Bryan School of Business and Economics, Undergraduate Student Services
- The College of Arts and Sciences Advising
- School of Education, Office of Student Services
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance
- The School of Nursing, Undergraduate Advising Center
This website is sponsored by the University Advising Council, a cross-functional group of academic advising professionals and administrators who oversee academic advising programs at UNCG.